Saint John's

United Church Of Christ

145 West Linn Street

Bellefonte, PA  16823

814-355-9072

 

Sunday Worship Service

10:30 a.m.

Facebook square blue large

Copyright, all rights reserved 2017

St. John's United Church of Christ Bellefonte PA St. John's United Church Of Christ United Church of Christ Bellefonte You Tube ADA-Accessibility-Sign-NHE-1_Black_on_White_300

The United Church of Christ's Statement of Faith

 

We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father, and to His deeds we testify:

 

  • He calls the worlds into being, creates man in His own image, and sets before him the ways of life and death.

  • He seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.

  • He judges men and nations by His righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.

  • In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Lord, He has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death, and reconciling the world to Himself.

  • He bestows upon us His Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the Church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues and races.

  • He calls us into His Church, to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be His servants in the service of men, to proclaim the gospel to all the world, to resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ's baptism and eat at His table, to join Him in His passion and victory.

  • He promises to all who trust Him: forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, His presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in His kingdom which has no end.

 

Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto Him. Amen.

St. John's United Church of Christ Hanging Of The

In 1836, Rev. Ephraim Kieffer, in connection with the Lurtherans, orangized what is now know as St. John's UCC.

 

In 1869, the Reformed congregation (chartered in 1844) purchased the Lutheran interest.

 

Damage due to a furnace fire in the small fram building spurred the congregation to build the present stone sanctuary.  The corner stone was laid in 1880 and the sanctuary was dedicated in 1883.

 

The German Reformed church merged with the Evangelical Snyod of North America in 1934 and our church became St. John's Evangelical and Reformed church.  This new denomination stressed liberty of conscience and authority of the Bible.

 

In 1957, the Evangelical and Reformed joined the Congregational christian churches to become the United Church of Christ.

Brief History of St. John's UCC

St. John's United Church of Christ Building